Friday, February 01, 2008

I SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF...


But I'll tell you what, I'm not!!

Since yesterday afternoon there have been threats of up to 10 inches of snow here. I immediately thought, holy shit! I can't begin to tell you how much I hate driving in the snow. I hate it at 5am, when I would be on my way to work. But I hate it even more at 3pm when I'm on my way home. My comute, on a good weather day, is about 10 minutes to and from. But it has been known to take me as many as a couple of hours to get home on bad weather days. And today is going to be a bad weather day. That being said, being the irresponsible worker I am, I am playing hookie again today. I KNOW, I KNOW! Shame on me! But honestly I just DON'T feel like fighting traffic, I DON'T feel like dealing with asshole bosses and co-workers, and I simply DON'T FEEL LIKE IT! And I don't have to feel like it!

I will probably regret this later. But right now I'm laying in my warm and cozy bed, about to start a horror movie marathon, and knit until my fingers/arms get sore, or I fall back to sleep. Which ever comes first. I'll post more later.

For anyone who reads this, and is/has/will be braving this heavy snow storm here in Michigan/Ohio/Illinios and Indiana. Take it slow, allow more time, and please be careful. If you can stay home, do so. This is not going to be a good day, weather wise.

2 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Girl, grab you an extra blankie and enjoy the day. I don't blame you one bit for not getting out in that mess.
You're much safer right where you are.
Hugs!

Saffron said...

I don't blame ya! I'm the same way!!!