Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another FO in 2008









I started these socks the end of January. And finished them tonight. If I didn't say it before, I'll say it now. I LOVE Melissa Morgan Oakes book, "2-at-a-Time Socks". Unfortunately there were a few errors in the written pattern. But they were very easy to correct. Even for a novice knitter like me.



Pattern: Twilight



Yarn: Felicia from Knit Picks (Firefighter)



Needle: 40" Addi (Next time I'll use a 47", as stitches were a little crowded especially with gusset increases)



Started: January 27, 2008



Completed: February 10, 2008 (would have finished sooner, but only worked on during week)




Crescent's Little Girl's Pinwheel Blanket



I'm making this blanket for one of the great young ladies I knit with on Tuesdays. She's expecting a little girl this summer, and I can only hope she'll like the finished product.

February Knitter's Night Out

Friday was the monthly Knitters Night Out at HYAW. And we decided to show up in our pj's. I was surprised as how many of us actually wore them. We even went to Amicci's afterwards, and were quite a site.


Don't you just love this onezy. I've been wanting one like it for as long as I can remember.

I'm off to cast on socks for my co-worker. Have a great week!

S.

7 comments:

Miranda said...

wow, you are a fast sock knitter! I didn't think you were that close to finishing them on friday nite!

Larjmarj said...

Socks look great!

The pic I took of Amy in her shmoo jammies was blurry ;-(

That was a lot of fun!!

Lil Knitter said...

Love those socks! Awesome colors!
You guys look like you were really having fun. What a hoot to go out in your jammies.
Hugs!

Leeann said...

I can't wait to see the finished blanket - I looked up the pattern on Ravelry & it's so cool!

The socks look great! Maybe not as great as everyone in their pajamas, though. :) I still haven't been to HYAW but I did sign up for their newsletter after hearing about how much fun this was -- hopefully I can make it to the next one!

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

Hooray for Twilight, even with the obvious error in the chart in the book, which I am glad you were able to work through. The written directions for the pattern stitch, given at the beginning of the pattern, are correct. The chart is...a nightmare that keeps the author up at night!! If you're on Ravelry, there's a great group there that offers lots of support for 2-sock knitters (Friends of Melissa is the name of the group - I did not name it although I do get giggly saying it out loud), and you can always email me if you have any questions or concerns.

Jada said...

Cute socks!!Look you guys were having a good time knitting.

Khadijha Caitlin said...

oh the blanket looks beautiful! and woohoo finished socks! They look great!