Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!!!


I'm home from work yet again. This time it's for pratical reasons. I scheduled several doctor's appointments for today. Get them all over with in one swoop. And since we got several more inches of snow last night, I'm glad I won't have to be trekking off to work this morning. I hate driving in the snow.

I decided at the last minute not to attend our weekly knit night yesterday. The snow was coming down steadily, and I was afraid of what I'd have to deal with when I left. Now I'm really glad I didn't go. We got a lot more snow than I was expecting, and I hear the evening commutes were hellacious.

I've been racking my knitter's brain to figure out what to knit now. Since I finished my Twilight socks, and am presently working on two PinWheel Baby Blankets, I need an at work project. I can't decide if I want to cast on the "Belle Epoque" socks from "2-at-a-time socks" book. Or if I want to go for a previously unexplored challenge and cast on a pair of Cookie A. socks, "Mingus" or "Pomotomus". My work projects need to be pretty straight-forward since I actually only get a few short stretches of knitting time. I'll try to decide today and cast on so they're ready for work tomorrow.

The baby blankets are actually coming along pretty well, if I do say so myself. And I'm planing several other baby projects to go with them. I'd like to do at least one set each, hat/mitt/socks, to go with the blankets. But only time will tell if I can get them all done.

It's time for me to head out. I'll try to post again later today.

Have a safe and pleasent day!

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

After a 1.5 hour commute, I skipped out on Tuesday also. It is frikkin' cold this week. I'm ready for a little reprieve.
Love Cookie A's patterns.