Saturday, September 27, 2008

FINALLY A FO

I'm really starting to feel like an utter and complete knitting failure.  I have not had a FO since this one!  That's right my friends I have not finished a project since March of this year.  That would not be bad if the projects I was working on were very difficult or time consuming, but that has not been the case.  The problem is, I just haven't been able to stop casting on new projects.  So to that end, I decided I would not allow myself to cast on another new project until I finished an existing UFO.  Which was very hard to stick to considering all the yarn I have acquired over the last couple of months.  But I'm so glad to say, "I did it!"  I actually finished a UFO.

I present, my first FO in almost six months.


I cast on these Nanner socks for my sister back in June.  And were put down after completion of the first sock, for no other reason than to cast on some new project that had caught my eye.  It's really a shame too.  The pattern was very easy to memorize, and produces a lacey pattern that I absolutely love.  Thank You Miss Wendy, of Wendy Knits!  You Rock!!!  And so do your socks!


Once I picked the socks back up, it only took me about two or three days to finish them.  I'm such an idiot sometimes.  These could have been done months ago.




Pattern:  Nanner Socks, by Wendy of Wendy Knits
Yarn:  Socks That Rock lightweight, FOO FOO colorway (discontinued)
Needles:  Knitpicks fixed circulars, size #1


As a reward for finishing an old UFO.  And thanks to the combination of a Plurk by my good friend M. (aka BelovedOne), and the purchase of a gorgeous cashmere blend laceweight.   I cast on the "Wisp" scarf from Knitty Summer 2007.   And I'm in heaven.  At least for the moment.












The yarn bowl was a purchase I made a few days ago, after reading about them on a friends blog.  Unfortunately I can't remember who's blog it was.  Thank you, Knit Witch.   She has some gorgeous Yarn Bowls available.  And her turn-around from order to my door was less than three days.  I suggest you run out and get one first chance you get.

Now back to knitting.  Have a great weekend!  I'll have loads to blog about on Monday.  Sunday is going to be a really big day.

1 comment:

Lil Knitter said...

You have officially redeemed yourself. They are gorgeous!
If you get tired of them...my feets would love to take them off your hands.:P
I like that bowl...hadn't seen those before.
Gotta love the Knit Witch though...she's awesome!
Hugs!

Hope Harley feels better soon...you are being a good Mommy so don't worry about boarding him..he's in good hands.