Sunday, March 16, 2008

PENNY IS DONE!



Sorry the pics aren't better. I'm working on a better set-up for taking pictures of my projects.

I would say this is my last amigurumi toy. But I think anyone who knows me, or has read my blog recently, knows there's no way I could/would stick to that. Especially since I don't really want to. This little animals have made my current situation a lot more bearable.



I was so excited last week when I got my first Japanese Amigurumi book from a wonderful etsy seller: ichigonopantsu. It took all the strength I had not to cast on a project right away. But I had another project I wanted to finish first. Once I dove into the book I came across several stumbling blocks. First and foremost, it's in Japanese. The counter to that is that all the patterns are in chart form. Secondly, I had to guess at the yarn weight and hook size. And not being able to read the instructions means I had to wing the toys construction. I think I did an okay job, considering. And it definitely won't deter me from making another project from this book, or ordering more books in the future.



Now I'm off to plan my next project. Will it be another amigurumi? Will it be a new pair of socks? Will it be a lace shawl, or maybe a felted bag? Will it be a dishcloth or scrubbie? Or will I just finish one of my many WIP's. I guess you'll just have to wait and see.



Smooches.



S.

5 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

He's so adorable! You're really doing great with these little guys. They would great to hang on your car's rear view mirror. They just ooze cuteness!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So very cute!!

I meant to tell you on Friday that I work with a lot of ex-pats from Japan so if you need something translated they may be able to help.

Larjmarj said...

So CUTE!!

You did a great job with interpreting the pattern.

Hang in there, hopefully the strike will be over soon.

AnnieMouse said...

It's so cute!

Megan said...

Awww! It's so cute!