Thursday, March 13, 2008

MEET Ms. BRANDY BEAR






It took a great deal of will power on my part, but I stuck to my guns and
completed "Ms. Brandy" before I started an Amigurumi from my new book. Isn't she adorable? I think so! As you can see by the ruler next to her, she is barely 4 inches tall. She easily fits in the palm of even my small hand. Ms. Brandy started out as an experiment in gauge. I had already made a "Little Teddy Bear" from the book "Kyuuto! Japanese Craft Amigurumi", but I was not as happy as I thought I could be. The gauge and stuffing on the first bear was a little looser than I liked. So, I purchased a smaller hook, and cast on. She's just a bit smaller than I thought she would be, but the stuffing in her is much firmer. And I really prefer it that way. Her head and body don't get misshaped by my touch.


I have now made a total of seven Amigurumi toys. And I see no end in sight. Especially now that my Japanese Amigurumi Book, vol. 4 has arrived. So off I go to begin on another toy. And thanks for all the nice comments about my little menagerie.

Happy Knitting, Crocheting, Scrapbooking, Quilting, or any/everything you are working on.

S.

3 comments:

Leeann said...

She looks great!! And they all look so cute together. :)

Larjmarj said...

I think one day we're going to find you under a pile of these cute little critters prattling Japanese with a crochet hook in your hand and a smile fixed on your face.

:-)

Amby said...

Ah ha! I finally got your blog to load (my computer is stupid).

I should have squeezed on that elephant some more last night. :-)