Saturday, June 28, 2008

WHO REALLY WON?


In an effort to explain the title of this post,  I'll just say the battles at work rage on.  And I'm not sure we will ever really know who won that fight.  Initially I thought they won, but now I'm not so sure.  I am starting to believe that in the long run no one is going to win.  Our losses are presenting themselves daily, and I think the companies losses will start to show a lot sooner than they may have anticipated.

Okay, that's all I'm going to say about work.  Now onto the great things in my life:  Harley (the little dog with a big attitude), knitting (when I get to actually do it), my knitting friends (when I actually get to see them, which hasn't been much lately), my family (even though most days they infuriate me, they are still my family and I love each and every one of them), and surprisingly several of my co-workers (those that I actually socialize with, which is only a handful of people).  Wow, looking back at what I just typed, I have to say "I'm a very lucky woman!"  Sometimes I forget that fact.

Every day Harley does something that surprises me, or makes me laugh.  He is such a sweet little dog (when he wants to be).  After our second vet visit he seems to have progressed by leaps and bounds.  Literally!  He has started trying to teach me how to play fetch.  That's right, I said he's teaching me to play fetch.  When we go out back, he picks up or digs up twigs and takes off running.  First he runs away from me, then towards me at top speed.  He gets as close to me as he can, but because he moves so fast I 

usually can't catch him before he runs away again.  He seems to be having so much fun that I just let him run until he tuckers himself out.  He has also started doing laps around my house.  Also at top speed.  He runs through the kitchen, dinning room, living room and hall way.  I've tried to catch him on film doing it, but as soon as I go get the camera he stops.  Maybe when I get a few extra dollars I'll get myself a camcorder and just leave it set up to catch all of his exploits.  I have caught him running around in the yard. 


Today we had our first grooming at the Petcom Grooming Salon.  And according to the groomers he did excellent.  So well so that he was done in less than an hour.  I didn't even get to finish my shopping.  Everyone is so amazed at how social he is.  There have only been two people he didn't want to touch him.  One was an ex-boyfriend and the other was a pre-teen boy at a street concert.  Otherwise he calmly sits and lets people pet and rub him as much as they want.  He even lets people hold him.  He's such a good boy.


I spent a little bit of my extra money this week and got a few things I have had my eye on for a while.



First are the Emergency Kits.  I got the original red knitting bag.  And a blue crochet bag.  I also got to tool kits to go in them.  These bags are really cool to look and will come in very handy for on the go projects.  I'm thinking I'll leave one or both of them in my car for those days I forget to grab a project to take with me.  I can't remember where I first saw these, and the first time I went
to order one, they were sold out.  Lucky for me, when I went back they had several new colors available.  Woo Hoo!!!  Go check them out.  I'd say they are definitely a must have for us knitters.








I also purchased another Julip Bag.  "A." is a fabulous bag maker.  So far I have three of her sock bags and I love each and every one of them.  Eventually I play to purchase a couple of her dog walking bags.  Soon Harley and I will have to start walking and her bag would fit the bill perfectly.



Of course in all this I didn't forget about my little boy.  Besides his many toys, I've also bought him several wife beater tanks and a really cute t-shirt.  As you can imagine these are all really more for me than for him.  But they were too cute to pass up.










I finally got around to ordering a couple of shirts from the Ravelry store.  I chose the 'agree' and 'disagree' shirts.

And seeing several of the Flat Feet sock flats on line.  And hearing that KnitPicks had dye able blanks, I broke down and bought three of them.  Dying them will be interesting, since I've never done it before.  I'm afraid of the acid dyes, so I think I'm going to try either kool aide or cake dyes.  I've got to go on a search for a
tutorial because I have no idea where to start.

I also bought several skeins of Knit Picks Comfy.  Mostly for the color.  The light lavender is going to make a gorgeous tank for the summer.  If I can every find the time and energy to actually make one.




I'll try to get some pics of the tank I'm working on now.

Have a great weekend all!!!

3 comments:

Andi said...

Harley is such a cutie! Love his new clothes, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Love the shirts!

The "acid" in most acid dyes comes from citric acid - yup - the same stuff that makes lemons and oranges tart. Atleast that's what I've always used. If you want, we can make a day of it at my place. I've got some sock yarn, I've been meaning to dye. I've also done the kool-aid dying, but it isn't as color fast.

Lil Knitter said...

Harley just keeps getting cuter. I love those wife beaters...I've seen the little t-shirts before but not those.
You've got some awesome goodies...you deserve some good stuff to cheer you up. I've never seen the emergency kits...cute bags.
Hugs!