Saturday, May 12, 2007

THE WATCH COCK, AND ASST. SILLINESS!!!



Last night was my LYS's Knit Night. And as always the case, I had a blast. I keep forgetting to take pictures to share here. One day I'll get it right.



My Tuesday night knit buddy LarjMarj made it out this time. And I was so excited to see her. Also there from Tuesday night is my good friend Amy. And from the Wednesday night group (that I have yet to attend) were Amanda and Lynn. There were several other really nice ladies there, but I didn't know most of them.



As always, afterwards we walked down to Ammicci's for martini's. I'm not sure which one of us noticed it, but on top a metal cabinet in the kitchen was a little chicken figurine. Someone joked that it was the restaurants watch chicken. And out of no-where Marj (the always funny lady) said; "it's the Watch Cock!". Needless to say we all busted out laughing, and me being the silly girl I am pulled out my phone and snapped a pic of the little chicken looking down on the kitchen staff.



What a great time, with a great group of ladies. As is always the case.



One thing did surprise me. Amanda and Marg had not heard about Ravelry.com. I didn't think there was anyone in blog land who hadn't heard about it. The first time I heard about it, I ran right over and signed up to be get an invitation. As quick as a wink, I actually got my invitation in less that a day. Unfortunately I haven't had time to really sit down and play around with it. But I wanted to put it out there for anyone else who reads my blog. Go over and sign up quickly! In my opinion this is going to be huge in the knit-blog community. And I can't wait to see how far this is going to go.

I've decided I need to get at least a little better organized. So I'm going to spend most of this weekend cataloging my yarn, my books, my UFO's, my WIP's and my wish lists. All with the help of my semi-trust worthy camera and the wonderfulness that is Ravelry.com.

See you all soon.

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

I have to say that last night was a BLAST! Just glad that I didn't have to work today! We did make it out to see the body exhibit at the science center, very cool if you haven't seen it. Again thanks for the prezzie!