Saturday, October 28, 2006

They're Done...


I finished the second glove tonight. And I didn't do to bad, if I do say so myself. And I do say so, myself. It took two tries. The first glove came out too large around the wrists. And the fingers were too short. The "Touch Me" yarn is so delicate, I didn't dare try to re-use it for the second try. Instead, I decided to use it in the stockinette scarf I'm making to go with the gloves. I'm doing a elongated stitch row at the beginning and end, with plain st st in the middle. so far I kind of like it.










At the same time, I'm trying to finish the Entrelac scarf I've been trying to finish for a few months. It's about 3/4th done with it. I want to make sure it's long enough to wrap around my shoulders, and then some.
As you can see it's an edited version of the "Lady Elanor" from the book Scarf Style. And an extended version of "Danica" from Knitty.com (in verigated yarn instead of two colors).


And speaking of the "Lady Elanor", thanks to a couple of my knit pals Amy and Rachel. As well as several completed project pics I found on flickr. I purchased several skeins of Noro Silk Garden (226c), a beautiful combination of greys, green, purple and blue, and I'll be casting on my own "Lady Elanor" some time this week. I can't wait.


S.

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

Nice job on the gloves shorty! Can't wait to see them in person as well as all the other wip's you've got going on. Hope you're feeling better and your BP is behaving itself.