Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fun, Fun, Fun...


I spent last weekend at a friends cabin on the lake. Most of my time was spent with their baby boy, and their two terriers. I had a great time. I even rode an ATV. What was I thinking?
Here are the dogs playing on/off the dock. Too Cute!


Also while I was there I cast on, frogged, cast on, frogged, cast on and frogged the Feather and Fan socks. I'm not sure what my problem was, but I couldn't seem to get the pattern right. I finally got a couple of repeats done, but I'm not sure I like it. I don't know if it's the yarns colors, (Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl) or the pattern that's not working for me. It may just be a combination of the two. Or it may just be me. Who knows!


After a while I gave up and just put it down and started the Jaywalkers that I keep hearing about from Magknits. OH MY GOD!!! I love this pattern. I can see why so many in the knitting blog community are making them. As you would expect mine are purple,of course, (Koigu KPPPM #228 to be exact) I do love purple! And I'm loving it as a Jaywalker. I've already made a couple of mistakes, but it's not hurting the pattern, and I don't want to frog what I have so far, so I'm pressing on as is.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I made a pair in Koigu a few months ago- I love them!

Larjmarj said...

My "at work" socks are Jaywalkers, just started sock #2. And they are BRIGHT!