Saturday, October 18, 2008

LOOK MA, I'M SPINNING!!!






And check out how much more consistent I got from day one (left), to day two (below).





                                                 



I think I've figured out what going to work for me.  I have a really hard time drafting as I spin.  But drafting before I even start spinning seems to work well for me.  I'm not sure if it's right, but it's working for me.  And it's allowing me to be more consistent than I was at first.

Now, I'm going to wind off what I have done so far and start again.  Hopefully with better, thinner, more consistent results.

I wasn't sure I was even going to like spinning, but I have to say, I THINK I MIGHT LIKE IT ALLOT!!!

I'm off to watch a few of the YouTube videos on spindle spinning.  Hopefully they'll help me to understand the process, even more.

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Kewl!! A new addiction! Did you get your stuff?

Anonymous said...

hmm I brought my wheel up on Tuesday...Will have to bring it up on another day. Its worse than knitting addictions as it is a very soothing thing to do!!!

sherry

theatreknitter said...

hoping that I get to start bragging this weekend. I am determined to start spinning this weekend.