Sunday, August 24, 2008

DRIVE BY POST:



This weekend has been filled with up and downs and way to many knitting starts and stops.

I'll start with an up.  I found an old friend from high school on-line a couple of weeks ago.  Actually he was a boy who was a good friend.  I haven't seen him in over fifteen years.  So needless to say, connecting with him again after so long has been fun.  We spent hours on the phone the last couple of days catching up and reminiscing.

A major downer happened yesterday.  I went out with my parents car shopping.  Actually I thought I was going to purchase the "Saturn Astra" I want.  As if things haven't been bad enough lately, the price for this car is too high for me now that my wages are so low.  Sucks so bad, I really wanted that car.  I'm going to have to re-direct my thinking and try to find something more within my budget.  Right now I'm leaning heavily towards a cute little matchbox car:  Chevrolet Aveo.

I've also cast on two more new projects.  Which is ridiculous considering the number of UFO's I already have.  I cast on another "Perriwinkle Turtleneck Vest"  from Fitted Knits (in purple of course), and a moebius from "A Treasury of Magical Knitting".  I think the moebius is going to the frog pond though.  Not really happy with my yarn choice.  I think I'm leaning more towards Cat Bordhi's more lacy design.

Hopefully things will get better, or at least more stable soon.

2 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Bummer about the car but there's a reason for everything. Must be something better in your future. :)
Hugs!

Leeann said...

I'm so sorry about the car & everything! If it's any consolation, one of my friends just got an Aveo and he LOVES it. So maybe that'll work out for you. Either way I hope something does soon!