Sunday, May 18, 2008

WHEN HIGH-LIGHTS BECOME LOW-LIGHTS


We got the supposed highlights today for our tentative contract.  And my, what a joke it all has been.  We have been on strike since February 27 and our "Tentative" agreement is just shy of what we were offered before we walked.  That's right my friends, 80+ days and thousands of dollars of my savings later, to get almost exactly what we were offered prior to the strike.  Oh well!

What does any of this mean?  Well, I won't know anything for sure until after the ratification vote tomorrow.  What I do know is that I can't afford not to vote for it.  And in my opinion, no matter what others have said, none of us can.  The options here are slim to none.  Because if we don't vote for it their intentions are to close the doors and move their business to Mexico and China.  Or bring in non-union workers (scabs) to continue to produce.  And there's not a thing we can do about it.

4 comments:

Khadijha Caitlin said...

Hang in there Shorty....We're pulling for ya. See you tues.

Leeann said...

God, what a crappy situation. I'm sorry you're stuck in the middle of it and I hope it still somehow works out well...

Lil Knitter said...

Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. That really sux...I can see your point though. It would be hard to swallow that and agree but you have can't go on this way forever. Good luck...still hoping things turn out better for ya.
Hugs!

Grazie Mom said...

One of the hardest things I've had to learn is that my principals and ideals won't pay the bills or keep me warm at night. It sucks that you may have to cave, but rest assured that we respect the energy you put into the "good fight." Hang in there. XOXOX