Saturday, January 13, 2007

Catching up


Since I have decided that this is going to be my "Knit-In Weekend", (no errands, no housework, no cooking, no visitors). I wanted to take a minute and share with anyone who might be reading this some of my knit related exploits, of late.

Got sidetracked away from the Multi-Directional Scarf by a major first for me. Two socks, on Magic Loop, toe up. What I thought was going to be a huge undertaking is actually not that bad at all.


Sorry about the sillyness. It was SnB night, new day (Thursdays) and new place (Java Hut).

I think this is how I'll do all my socks from now on. It'll be great when I'm not sure if I have enough yarn for two full length socks. Which may be the case with these socks. The idiot in me only purchased two skeins of Claudia in Buckeye colorway. My "Monkey" socks took two and a half. What was I thinking? Oh well!


I've also been doing some frogging lately. The casualties include "Lady Elanor" from Scarf Style, in Noro. And the Pinwheel Baby Blanket I was playing with in my leftover pink and grey Claudia from my Monkey socks. I'll probably restart The Lady later in the year. But as the baby blanket is for a friend at work, as soon as I know the baby's sex, I'll re-cast on that one immediately. (I think she's due this summer)
It was sooo cute too! Oh well, the next one will be even better.

This morning I went to another of my LYS to pick up my copy of "Victorian Lace Today". Oh My God!!! I love this book. I can't wait to get start my first lace project. There are so many great patterns in there, it's going to be hard to choose which one. I already have the perfect yarn for it. I bought a hank of silk from Mama-E's C*EYE*BER FIBER in Platinum. It's beautiful.
While I was there I also picked up a couple of skeins of silk and another project bag.


I'm also knitting the first scarf of my own design (sort of). So far, I love the way it's coming out. Only time will really tell. I'm using a stitch pattern found in Vogue Stitchionary 1, and the Fibonnacci system.

Two balls of "Manos" in shades of purple, knitted on my 10.5 Knit Lite needles (also purple). Are sensing the theme here. "PURPLE, PURPLE, PURPLE" I just love purple. As anyone who knows me can attest to.

Speaking of which. I picked up a new knitting bag from Mango Moon. Purple of course. And I love it. The strap is long and wide like a messenger bag's would be. I love it. The only draw back is it has only one pocket. But who cares, it's PURPLE!

Time to get back to my "Knit-In Weekend". I've got a horror movie marathon all planned out. And the popcorn is done popping.

See ya soon!

S.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm having an all-knitting weekend too! I did take a little time out to do a load of laundry and run the dishwasher, but that's it. I've got to get as much as I can done on that sweater!! Have fun lady.