Sunday, July 30, 2006

2nd Clapotis Update


Well here are more pictures of my 2nd Clapotis. I'm up to my 8th "section 3" repeat, and I'm almost done with my second of four balls of yarn. I'm going to do at least 3 or 4 extra straight sections for length. I'm still not loving the colors, and it seems a lot thinner than my first, despite doing one additional increase section. I'm thinking maybe the wool blend sock yarn, and the smaller needles are the cause. I'll have to remember that for next time.



A few days ago I went to a LYS and started having a conversation with a really nice lady regarding sock making. I have been very reluctant to try knitting socks. The whole dpns and heel turning scares me to no end. Also, the small needles are intimidating to me too. Well, after talking to her for a while she calmed a lot of my fears. So some time this week I will be casting on my first pair of socks, using the magic loop cast on. Daring aren't I? We'll see how it goes.

No comments: