Thursday, July 20, 2006

2nd Clapotis has begun.



My sister loved my first Clapotis so much she begged me to use the sock yarn I bought and make one for her. I personally don't like the colors that much for a Clap, but she said it would match a skirt she owns perfectly.



I'm on the hunt to find yarn for the Clapotis I want to make for my mom for her birthday (Sept. 25th). Not sure if I want to make it in the "Red Hat Society" colors or simple neutral tones, which is what she usually wears. I'd like to get started on it by the middle of August, to give myself plenty of time to complete it.

Yesterday I attended the last meeting of a local knitting group that meets in a very popular yarn shop here. While there the owner invited me to her knitting groups new meeting. The idea of knitting on the "People Mover" through downtown Detroit has gotten me so excited I can't wait for Tuesday. I'll try to take some pics and post them after the meeting.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I think the clapotis your making for your sister is going to be nice. I can't wait to see the pics. I never thought to use bamoo for a clapotis. Yours is breathtaking! My LYS is have a 30-40% off on all yarn including bamboo. I'm going to to monday and get some!!!

Heather said...

That Koigu Clapotis will be beautiful! I love mine. Will you be making any changes/alterations to the pattern? I know the Koigu is a finer weight yarn. That's what I did my first in, and now that I'm using a "regular" yarn, it seems HUGE!!!