Friday, February 27, 2009

NON KNITTING POST



We finally got confirmation yesterday, I am laid off for two weeks.  I know I shouldn't be happy about this fact, with the state of the economy and my industry especially, but I am glad.  The stress level has been almost unbearable, and the break will do me good.  I hope.

This lay-off also means another really important thing to me.  More knitting time with my friends.  When my schedule was changed to 10hrs/4days I had a really hard time finding the time and energy to get together with my friends.  So I've got loads of catching up to do.

I was also told that the changes they were going to be making will start when we get back.  I had been really worried about that too.  I was afraid I was going to be bumped out of my current group and/or shift.  Both would not have been good things.  Luckily, not only do I get to stay on my shift, but I also get to stay in my group.  Unfortunately not on my job, but I'll still be with the people I have been working with for over 10 years.  The one down side was my best work friend did get bumped to second shift.  And I will miss her terribly.

All this being said, I'm doing my best to stay positive about everything that is happening or will happen in the future.  I keep telling myself, "AT LEAST I STILL HAVE A JOB!!!"  No matter how much it drives me crazy most of the time.

There will hopefully be loads of posts during the next two weeks.  So bye for now...

No comments: