Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WTF happened to June?


I woke up this morning, logged onto my computer, and realized June is almost over.  WTF!  It seems like just yesterday I had a job, and was looking forward to a nice summer.  Now here I am, over one month unemployed.  Not sure what my future will hold.  And not even able to wrap my head around most decisions that I need to make.  I'll get there, hopefully by August.


I've made major progress on the latest "Card/Tablet Woven Band" I was working on.  I'm really proud of my advances.  I've finally figured out the "two pack turning method".  And it's much easier than the way I was doing it before.  I'm hoping to be ready to make an actual leash by the weekend.  I won't to practice/test a few more patterns I found on the net, and I also need to test several alphabets to find one I like.

I wanted to make a short video of myself weaving, but unfortunately I have yet to figure out where to potion the camera so I don't block the view of the process.  I'll keep working at it and I'll post it when I'm done.


The 4th of July is coming up and I have no plans.  I know my aunt will call and invite me over, she always does (and I love her for it).  But I think I'm going to stay home and chill with my little Harley.

Speaking of Harley, I shouldn't really call him little.  Our lack of  exercise over the winter is showing in his fat body.  It's so funny to know that he was the runt of his littler, and now he's the largest of all his brothers and sister.  No matter to me though!  He'll always be my little man.

Have a great safe holiday!

1 comment:

Andi said...

I know what you mean...there are several "busy" weeks on my summer calendar, and they are quickly being marked off. Bummer!