Tuesday, July 10, 2007

JUST ONE AND A HALF MORE DAYS!!!



Then I get my life back. Don't get me wrong. Most of the madness happening around me has been positive (my nephew and cousin's high school graduations and graduation events), two family reunions (mom's family and dad's family), and several small get togethers with other family members and friends. But, the one big downer was the death of my cousin and his wife. I'm hoping after my parents leave tomorrow, I'll be able to get my life back on the track I had originally planned for myself for this summer. We shall see.


On the knitting side, I'm 75% done knitting my mom's "Red Hatter" socks. I completed one "Carolina" sock from the Socktopia blog, in "Yarn Pirate's Pretty Pirate" colorway (which I absolutely love by the way), finished about six more inches on my mom's black "Clapotis", and started my first stab at lace knitting and design (very simple pattern). Wow! That sounds like a lot of knitting, doesn't it?

On the home front, I've was forced to do some serious reorganization. I moved furniture around, and packed up and organized my yarn, books and knitting supplies.

I'm tired just thinking about it all.

I think my parents are spending their last full day here visiting their friends, so I'll be free to hit my LYS and go to my weekly Knit Night tonight guilt free. Tomorrow we'll have dinner at my aunt's before they leave for the airport. Then my life will be mine again. At least until the next time.

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

Home reorganization?

Ahem....yes...but did you put curtains up?


LOL..........